Thursday, January 24, 2013

REST is important too... training update

If there's one thing I often forget, it is that REST is equally as important as training.  Most people who know me, know that I HATE (H-A-T-E) rest days... I'm convinced that they were created by the devil to test my willpower.  Even on my rest days I always find an excuse to go for a short run, or to just do an easy WOD at CrossFit.  Recently I have forced myself to embrace my "off" days, and I have truly noticed a change in my energy and my progression.  (Ugh, don't you hate it when your coach is right ALL THE TIME)... Thanks Ray!


My training right now is pretty simple.  I'm working on my strength and speed, so CrossFit and FAST runs (tempo, speed, interval, over/unders) are my staples.  My weekend runs are staying around 20-25k for now, no need to push too soon.

I'm already missing my spring/summertime trails, it's simply not the same in the winter.  Don't get me wrong, the snow is beautiful right now, BUT I AM NOT MADE FOR THE COLD.  I can't wait to spend 4, 5, 6... or 10 hours on the trails with my man!!  But till the snow melts we'll do what we can.


No comments:

Post a Comment